Wedding Gown Cleaning, Restoration, & Preservation
HandCraft Cleaners’ Specialty Division offers professional and detailed gown cleaning services to prepare for and cherish your special day! You will receive expert and friendly service along with the personal attention you deserve.
Wedding gowns are accepted at both branch locations; however, many brides prefer and sometimes require a one-on-one consultation with our wedding gown specialist, Dan Thomas at our 5705 Patterson Avenue location. Dan has extensive training in the art of cleaning, restoration, and preservation and finds this to be his passion. He has serviced thousands of gowns over the last 30 years and is well known for his attention to detail. We are thrilled to know that brides from all over the state of Virginia will make the trip to Richmond just to meet with Dan regarding their wedding gown needs! You may reach Dan by email, email@example.com, or by phone at 804.212.7683
- Once received, your gown is inspected and tested. We analyze and note the fabric, dyes, weaves, embellishments, etc., along with any repairs that may be required.
- Based on the consultation, inspection, and test results, a plan-of-action is determined.
- Prior to cleaning based on your specific needs, we pre-spot each stain.
- Once cleaned, your gown is inspected once again and hand-pressed.
- Once the procedure is complete, we will contact you to arrange for pick up and instructions for proper storage and care.
For those requesting preservation, we ask that you first see and approve the cleaning results. We then carefully pack your gown in an acid-free preservation box designed specifically for wedding gowns. Wearing gloves, Dan uses the finest museum-quality, archival materials to carefully pack your gown.