HandCraft Cleaners is a family-owned and operated full service dry-cleaning business. Since opening the doors almost 40 years ago, the Nichols family has consistently maintained their focus on superior quality, customer service, and fair pricing.
Many of our employees have been with us since we’ve opened our doors.
- Our cleaners and spotters average over 12 years of experience each.
- The average tenure of each employee in the pressing and finishing department is 20 years.
General Manager has been with HandCraft for 40 years.
What does this mean to you? Expert cleaning and finishing of all your fine clothing and household items, backed by technical knowledge and commitment to customer service, making us Richmond's best dry cleaner.
- HandCraft ensures the employees are kept abreast of the latest trends in the industry by extensive training, participation in national association and focus groups, including The Dry Cleaning and Laundry Institute, Side Tilt Management Consulting, and the Retail Merchants Association.
- HandCraft is environmentally conscious, and has won both Gold and Silver Awards from the City of Richmond for Environmental Compliance. We actively recycle our hangers and plastic bags.
- HandCraft Cleaners supports many regional charities, including St. Mary’s / Bon Secours, The Children’s Miracle Network, ASK (Association for the Support of Children with Cancer), Children's Museum of Richmond, Promisses, VCU Massey Cancer Center,the Cure by Design for the American Cancer Society, and Civitan International.
- In addition to retail dry-cleaning, HandCraft operates a Health Care Linen and Medical Uniform rental and cleaning service. (www.handcraftservices.com)